Province of Ontario – Roadmap to Reopen
As announced by the Government of Ontario, a 3 Step “Roadmap to Reopen” will now replace the former colour coded zones applicable to respective public health regions under the COVID 19- Response Framework. The province’s three-step plan is intended to safely and gradually lift public health measures based on ongoing progress of provincewide vaccination rates and improvements of key public health and health care indicators.
Step 1 will commence on Friday, June 11, 2021, however, with respects to shopping malls very little will change at this time. Below is a brief summary of the Step 1 regulations as they apply to shopping malls:
- Essential retailers will continue to operate at 25% capacity.
- Non-essential retailers with an external facing entrance may reopen at 15% capacity
- Non-essential retail stores inside a mall (with no external entrance) remain closed.
Accordingly, and until such time that Step 2 commences, there will be no changes to any of the pre-existing measures, protocols or procedures implemented by mall administration for Georgetown Market Place as summarized below.
Please click on the tabs below for more information regarding the stores and services that are open at Georgetown Market Place.
In-person shopping and access to the shopping mall, will be restricted to only those customers of ‘essential retailers /services’. Please note that certain ‘essential retailers/ services (telecommunications, safety supplies, optical/medical devices and supplies) may only operate for in-person shopping by appointment only. The Food Court will remain closed; however, food service tenants may continue to operate by providing take-out and delivery services only.
All other non- essential retailers, with the exception of those that have their own exterior public entrance, are restricted from in-person shopping and as such may only conduct business by way of curbside pickup, which is to occur at the exterior of the building in designated parking stalls, and/or delivery. Tenants are not permitted to utilize their interior mall storefronts or any other common area location for pickup.
Please refer to the following website for detailed information
A summary of the pre-existing and new* requirements as they apply to Georgetown Market Place is as follows:
Active Screening: All customers, retailers and employees will be required to answer screening questions before being permitted entry /re-entry into the mall
Mandatory Masks: All persons entering the shopping centre are required to wear a mask or face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin under the Town of Halton Hills By-Law No.47-20 (unless exempt). For complete details of the Town of Halton Hills By-law No. 47-20 visit https://www.halton.ca/Repository/By-law-No-47-20
Capacity Limits: In order to support physical distancing of two (2) meters, maximum occupancy limits have been established and are to be posted for each retailer and the mall common areas.
Mall Entrance Closures: In order to effectively manage new regulations, additional security staff will be on duty and the following mall entrance have been closed until further notice.
Entrances that will remain closed: BMO Entrance & WINNERS/HOMESENSE Entrance
*Please note: Interior mall access to Walmart, CIBC and Winners/HomeSense will be CLOSED
Effective: April 8, 2021 COVID-19 UPDATE & NEW REGULATIONS:
To help flatten the curve of COVID-19, The Government of Ontario has ordered the mandatory Closure of all Non-essential busniesses. This Stay-at-Home order will be in effect for 4 weeks.
Announced April 16th 2021
The Government of Ontario has ordered the stay-at-Home order to stay in effect for another 2 weeks.
Announced May 13th 2021
The Government of Ontario has extended the Stay-at-Home order to stay in effect until June 2.
HERE ARE THE NEW REGULATIONS:
* Essential Services, Curbside Pick up & Takeout ONLY!!!! At this time.
* Screening: All customers, retailers and employee's will be asked not to enter the building if they have any Covid-19 symptoms.- Active screening at centre court doors
* Masks are MANDATORY: All persons entering the shopping centre are required to wear a mask or face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin (unless exempt)
* Mall Access: Centre Court doors are the only ones open during this time.
* The food court & Restaurants: Takeout only & curbside only at this time
* Personal Care Services: Closed during this time.
* Occupancy Limits: In order to support physical Distancing of two (2) meters, maximum occupancy limits have been established and are to be posted at each retailer. 25% capacity
Operating Mall Hours:
Monday - Friday 11am - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 6pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
Please check with individual stores as their hours may differ.
Please note some retailers may have reduced hours. We encourage you to check with the individual retailer(s) you are planning to visit before coming to the Centre. You can find individual contact information for our retailers on our directory page: https://georgetownmarketplace.com/stores
Listing of Stores:
Georgetown Market Place:
- BMO - Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm, Saturday and Sunday closed
- Scotiabank - Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm (outdoor access only)
- C.I.B.C - Mon - Wed 9:30 - 5pm Thurs 9:30-5pm Friday 9:30-6pm Sat 9:30 - 4pm
Clothing & Shoes:
- Indigospirit CLOSED
- INS News Essential Service
- City Smarts CLOSED
- Ardene CLOSED
- Canadian Shoe Outlet CLOSED
- Carter’s/OshKosh (905) 873 7716 Curbside Tuesday -Saturday 12pm -6pm
- Cleo CLOSED
- J.V Clothing 905 877 1598 Curbside Pickup
- Le Chateau CLOSED
- Maurices - 905 873 8429 Curbside Pickup
- Northern Reflections CLOSED
- Reitmans CLOSED
- Shumaker CLOSED
- Walking On Cloud CLOSED
- West49 CLOSED
- Walmart - Essential Merchandise ONLY
- Winners/Homesense (905) 702-5705 Mon-Fri 9:30am- 9pm, Saturday 9am -7pm, Sunday 10am-6pm
- SportChek/Atmosphere 905 877 5781 Curbside Pickup Mon-Fri 9am -7pm, Sat 10am - 6pm, Sun 11am - 5pm
- Marks 905 873 9621 Curbside pickup Mon- Sat 10am - 6pm, Sun 10am- 5pm
- Bibab Express CLOSED
- Fit For Life 905 877 1688 Takeout & Curbside
- Frisco Fries CLOSED
- Kelseys - 905 877 7150 Takeout & Curbside (4pm-9pm Monday - Sunday)
- Kung Pao Wok 905 873 2888 Takeout & Curbside --Closed Sunday's
- Market Place Café CLOSED
- Mr. Souvlaki 905 702 7699 Takeout & Curbside
- Mr. Sub CLOSED
- Pizza Nova CLOSED
- Stacked pancake & Breakfast House 905 702 5500 Takeout & curbside
- Cobs Bread 289 702 2562 Hours Monday-Sunday 7am-7pm
Home Décor, Flowers & Gifts:
- Art Picture Frame CLOSED
- Signature Rug CLOSED
- Vanderburgh Flowers 905-877-0105 Curbside Pickup
Health & Beauty:
- Beauty Supply Outlet CLOSED
- Hair In Style CLOSED
- Nails In Style CLOSED
Jewelry & Accessories:
- Brilliant Gold - 905 873 6662 Curbside Pickup
- Griffin Jewellery Design CLOSED
Medical & Dental:
- Family Optical - 905 873 3050 Call to Book an appointmant
- Life Style Heath Services 905 877 7799 Call to book an appointment
- Dr Anoop Sayal & Associates 905 877 2273 Call to book an appointment
- Pharmasave Hours Monday - Friday 9am -6pm Saturday 10am - 4pm Sunday 11am- 3pm
Photography & Entertainment:
- The Source 905 877 8693 Curbside & Appointments Monday - Friday 11am-7pm Sat 11-6 Sunday 12-5
- Georgetown Photo 905 873-1237 Curbside & Passport Pictures
- Cellairis- CLOSED
- Delrex Variety/Postal Outlet - 905 877 9284 - Only Post office open Mon - Fri 12pm -6pm
- Freedom Mobile 289 428-1339 Call to Book an appointment/walkins excepted
- Health @280 905 825 6000 x 8400 Mental Health Clinic is open call to book an appointment
- Information & Lotto Booth Open Tuesday & Fridays 11am -12pm
- Re/Max Real Estate Centre Inc. 905 877 5211
- Rogers 905 877 4959 Call to book an appointment/walkin excepted
- Royale LePage Meadowtowne Realty CLOSED
- Stitch It CLOSED
- Super Shoe Care CLOSED
- Taxwide 905 877 5884Hours Mon- Fri 10am - 6pm, Sat 11am -5pm Sun 12pm - 5pm - Drop off Only
- Telus 905 877 5884 Call to book an appointment or walkins excepted
- Wireless Wave 905 873 9009 Call to book an appointment
- Service Ontario 905 877 5228 Hours Monday -Friday 10am -4pm Saturday 9am-12:30pm
- Global Pet Foods 905 873 7086 Hours: Monday -Friday 10am - 6pm Saturday 10am - 5pm Sunday 11am -4pm
- The Beer Store - Hours Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 11am - 6pm
- L.C.B.O - Hours Monday Closed Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 9pm, Sun 11am - 6pm
- Buck Or Two Plus 905 873 7200 Hours Monday - Friday 11am-7pm Saturday 10am - 5pm Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Showcase 905 702-9191 Hours: Mon -Tues 11am-5pm, Wed-sat 11am-6pm, Sun 12-5pm
SPECIALTY LEASING: (Temp Tenants) Closed at this time
* Buck Or Two Plus Express - Across from C.I.B.C
* Serendipity Candles - Across from Brilliant Gold
* Custome Point 4U Tshirt Kiosk - Fount Court Area
* Sanmarc Leather - Across from Sportchek - Coming soon
Guest Services Some amenities and programs will remain closed at this time to ensure everyone’s continued safety.
Visitors will not be able to access:
- Strollers & wheelchairs
- Change Tables in the rest rooms
- Mall Walking
- Massage Chairs
- Candy Machines
Lotto & Information is available Monday to Friday and 11am - 7pm, Saturday 11am -6pm Closed Sunday .
How We’re Keeping You Safe – Physical Distancing, Sanitation, and More:
- Employees with a fever or cold- and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home.
- We are regularly disinfecting common areas throughout the day, particularly areas such asrestrooms, seating areas, and high-frequency touchpoints throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
- We are encouraging social distancing practices, including the use of distancing markers in the Centre.
- We’ve installed new signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions.
- Business and service providers that choose to re-open are responsible for maintaining occupancy levels in order to allow staff and customers to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges.
Do Your Part – Customer Health Guidelines:
- Please review and practice the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and
- These requirements will be enforceable under public healthorders.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 2 metres distance between yourself and others to avoid spray from coughs,sneezes, or speaking.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, which can transfer viruses from your hands.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately, and wash your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, or mild fever,until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Your healthcare provider will quickly direct you to the right health facility.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as your local and national health authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are you open? Ontario is still under a state of emergency. We have remained open during the State of Emergency to provide essential services to Ontario residents in accordance with the guidelines in place by the Government of Ontario. Some of our other retailers are reopening while reinforcing social distancing measures and health and safety protocols recommended by health authorities.
If “gatherings” are limited to 10 people, how is it OK for Georgetown Market Place to open?
The gathering limits are related to gatherings of people in one location, versus overall building occupancies. In accordance with Provincial guidelines, we have signage throughout the centre reminding shoppers to practice physical distancing and are regularly monitoring all areas of the mall to ensure there are no large-group gatherings. We applaud the collaborative efforts everyone is making to respect these guidelines.
Will you limit the number of people allowed in the Centre?
There are currently no provincial guidelines related to the number of guests we can have in the Centre, but we are monitoring all areas to ensure there are no large group gatherings and everyone is following physical distancing protocols.
How can you think this is a good idea to reopen? This is dangerous!
We truly appreciate your concern and understand some people may not feel comfortable visiting us at this time. Please know we are following the provincial health authority guidelines closely to ensure our guests, retailers and employees are safe.At this time, the province has not made masks mandatory and we will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by health authorities and the government. Mask wearing has been encouraged in enclosed spaces with large crowds, however with our physical distancing measures in place this is not a current concern at our Centre. Individual retailers may enforce mask-wearing inside their stores if they wish.
Why aren’t you mandating that employees/guests wear masks?
At this time, the province has not made masks mandatory and we will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by health authorities and the government. Mask wearing has been encouraged in enclosed spaces with large crowds, however with our physical distancing measures in place this is not a current concern at our Centre. Individual retailers may enforce mask-wearing inside their stores if they wish.
How are you enforcing social distancing in restrooms?
We have placed signage near and inside restrooms to remind patrons of social distancing requirements. We ask for the help of all our guests in following all signage throughout the Centre, based on provincial guidelines, related to good respiratory hygiene and proper physical distancing.
How many entrances will be open?
All entrances will be open
What is Georgetown Market Place doing to protect its customers and staff?
Ensuring the safety of our shoppers, retailers and employees is our top priority and you can see a summary list of some of the measures we are taking on our website. This includes regularly disinfecting common areas, providing hand sanitizer dispensers, encouraging social distancing, among many other protocols.
Thank you from the team at Georgetown Market Place.
Georgetown Market Place will diligently enforce these new measures by restricting mall access to essential services only. This includes the immediate suspension of all formal or informal mall walking programs.
We will continue to take our direction in terms of operating and safety protocols from the Province of Ontario and City of Georgetown and will communicate any further announcements as they become known to us.
If unsure, we encourage you to call the store or service you are looking to visit to verify whether they are open or closed. Store and service phone numbers may be found on our website under store directory.
Stay safe, keep washing those hands and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it’s safe to do so.
March 28, 2020
Based on the best advice of Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ontario government has issued a new emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to prohibit organized public events and social gatherings of more than five people, effective immediately. This order replaces a previous emergency order which prohibits organized public events of over 50 people.
We'd like to remind everyone that if you're out for essential business to practice physical distancing and reduce exposure to other people. Avoid close contact (within 2 metres) with people outside of your immediate families.
Let's stay safe and get through this together, everyone!
March 24, 2020
To help protect the community and flatten the curve of COVID-19, the Government of Ontario has ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential businesses as of 11:59 pm, Tuesday, March 24th. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending this order as the situation evolves.
The complete press release may be found at the following link: