On July 9, 2020,
Town Council passed temporary By-Law No. 2020-0037, requiring the wearing of a mask/face covering in enclosed public places during the COVID-19 pandemic, effective Thursday, July 16, 2020
Masks/face coverings should ensure the nose, mouth and chin are securely covered so as to filter respiratory droplets. Masks can be cloth, medical and/ or disposable. Other forms of acceptable face coverings include bandanas and scarves. A face shield is not a substitute for wearing a face mask as it does not filter respiratory droplets.
Residents are reminded that the wearing of a mask or face covering is to be done alongside other public health protocols to ensure optimal effectiveness. This includes washing your hands frequently, practicing physical distancing where possible and staying home if ill.
Read the full release: https://bit.ly/2ChAS4G
June 19, 2020
We are very pleased to welcome you back to Georgetown Market Place. We have been working strategically with our teams and retailers to ensure you have a safe and comfortable shopping experience with us.
At this time many Georgetown Market Place retailers will have the option to operate at reduced hours as follows:
Mall Hours as of June 19, 2020
Monday - Friday: 11am - 7pm
Saturday: 11am - 6pm
Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Holiday Hours - Starting Nov 27th
Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm
Saturday 11am - 6pm
Sunday 11am - 5pm
Please check with individual stores as their hours may differ.
These reduced hours will remain in place until further notice.
Please note not all retailers will be reopening at this time, and some may have reduced hours. We encourage you to check with the individual retailer(s) you are planning to visit before coming to the Centre. You can find individual contact information for our retailers on our directory page: https://georgetownmarketplace.com/stores
The following stores and services are open:
Georgetown Market Place:
- BMO - Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm, Saturday and Sunday closed
- Scotiabank - Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm (outdoor access only)
- C.I.B.C - Mon - Wed 9:30 - 5pm Thurs 9:30-5pm Friday 9:30-6pm Sat 9:30 - 4pm
Clothing & Shoes:
- INS News
- City Smarts
- Canadian Shoe Outlet Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm Sunday 12pm -5pm
- Cleo Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm , Sunday 12pm -5pm
- J.V Clothing
- Le Chateau
- Northern Reflections – Hours Monday – Saturday 11am – 6pm, Sunday CLOSED
- Shumaker - Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm Sunday 12pm - 5pm
- Walking On Cloud
- Walmart - Monday - Sunday 7am -10pm
- Winners/Homesense - Monday - Saturday 9am -9pm Sunday 10am - 8pm
- Bibab Express
- Fit For Life
- Frisco Fries
- Kung Pao Wok
- Market Place Café
- Mr. Souvlaki
- Mr. Sub
- Pizza Nova
Home Décor, Flowers & Gifts:
- Art Picture Frame
- Signature Rug
- Vanderburgh Flowers- Hours Monday - Saturday 9am - 3pm closed Sunday's
Health & Beauty:
- Beauty Supply Outlet
- Hair In Style - Hours Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm Sat 9:30am - 6pm Sunday 11am - 5pm
- Nails In Style
Jewelry & Accessories:
- Brilliant Gold
- Griffin Jewellery Design
Medical & Dental:
- Family Optical - Hours Mon - Fri 11am - 7pm, Sat 10am - 4pm
- Life Style Heath Services - Monday - Friday 11am - 5pm Saturday 12pm - 4pm
- Dr Anoop Sayal & Associates
- Pharmasave - Mon - Fri 9am -7pm, Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 11am - 4pm
Photography & Entertainment:
- The Source
- Georgetown Photo
- Delrex Variety/Postal Outlet
- Freedom Mobile
- Health @280
- Information & Lotto Booth
- Re/Max Real Estate Centre Inc.
- Royale LePage Meadowtowne Realty
- Stitch It
- Super Shoe Care
- Wireless Wave
- Casati Heating & Air Conditioning
- Custome Point 4U Tshirt
- Service Ontario - Hours Mon-Wed 9am -5pm Thursday 9am - 7pm Fri 9am - 5pm Saturday 9am -1pm
- Global Pet Foods - Hours Monday- Friday 10am - 6pm, Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 11am - 4pm
- The Beer Store - Hours Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 11am - 6pm
- L.C.B.O - Hours Monday Closed Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 9pm, Sun 11am - 6pm
- Buck Or Two Plus Hours Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm, Saturday 9am -6pm, Sunday 9am -6pm
Christmas Pop ups
* Buck Or Two Plus Holiday Express
* Canadian Personalized Ornaments
* Serendipity Candles
* Just Cozy
Calendar Club Coming Soon
Guest Services Some amenities and programs will remain closed at this time to ensure everyone’s continued safety.
Visitors will not be able to access:
- Strollers & wheelchairs
- Change Tables in the rest rooms
- Mall Walking
- Massage Chairs
- Candy Machines
Lotto & Information is available Monday to Friday and 11am - 7pm, Saturday 11am -6pm Closed Sunday .
How We’re Keeping You Safe – Physical Distancing, Sanitation, and More:
- Employees with a fever or cold- and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home.
- We are regularly disinfecting common areas throughout the day, particularly areas such asrestrooms, seating areas, and high-frequency touchpoints throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
- We are encouraging social distancing practices, including the use of distancing markers in the Centre.
- We’ve installed new signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions.
- Business and service providers that choose to re-open are responsible for maintaining occupancy levels in order to allow staff and customers to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges.
Do Your Part – Customer Health Guidelines:
- Please review and practice the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and
- These requirements will be enforceable under public healthorders.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 2 metres distance between yourself and others to avoid spray from coughs,sneezes, or speaking.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, which can transfer viruses from your hands.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately, and wash your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, or mild fever,until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Your healthcare provider will quickly direct you to the right health facility.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as your local and national health authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are you open? Ontario is still under a state of emergency. We have remained open during the State of Emergency to provide essential services to Ontario residents in accordance with the guidelines in place by the Government of Ontario. Some of our other retailers are reopening while reinforcing social distancing measures and health and safety protocols recommended by health authorities.
If “gatherings” are limited to 10 people, how is it OK for Georgetown Market Place to open?
The gathering limits are related to gatherings of people in one location, versus overall building occupancies. In accordance with Provincial guidelines, we have signage throughout the centre reminding shoppers to practice physical distancing and are regularly monitoring all areas of the mall to ensure there are no large-group gatherings. We applaud the collaborative efforts everyone is making to respect these guidelines.
Will you limit the number of people allowed in the Centre?
There are currently no provincial guidelines related to the number of guests we can have in the Centre, but we are monitoring all areas to ensure there are no large group gatherings and everyone is following physical distancing protocols.
How can you think this is a good idea to reopen? This is dangerous!
We truly appreciate your concern and understand some people may not feel comfortable visiting us at this time. Please know we are following the provincial health authority guidelines closely to ensure our guests, retailers and employees are safe.At this time, the province has not made masks mandatory and we will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by health authorities and the government. Mask wearing has been encouraged in enclosed spaces with large crowds, however with our physical distancing measures in place this is not a current concern at our Centre. Individual retailers may enforce mask-wearing inside their stores if they wish.
Why aren’t you mandating that employees/guests wear masks?
At this time, the province has not made masks mandatory and we will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by health authorities and the government. Mask wearing has been encouraged in enclosed spaces with large crowds, however with our physical distancing measures in place this is not a current concern at our Centre. Individual retailers may enforce mask-wearing inside their stores if they wish.
How are you enforcing social distancing in restrooms?
We have placed signage near and inside restrooms to remind patrons of social distancing requirements. We ask for the help of all our guests in following all signage throughout the Centre, based on provincial guidelines, related to good respiratory hygiene and proper physical distancing.
How many entrances will be open?
All entrances will be open
What is Georgetown Market Place doing to protect its customers and staff?
Ensuring the safety of our shoppers, retailers and employees is our top priority and you can see a summary list of some of the measures we are taking on our website. This includes regularly disinfecting common areas, providing hand sanitizer dispensers, encouraging social distancing, among many other protocols.
Thank you from the team at Georgetown Market Place.
Georgetown Market Place will diligently enforce these new measures by restricting mall access to essential services only. This includes the immediate suspension of all formal or informal mall walking programs.
We will continue to take our direction in terms of operating and safety protocols from the Province of Ontario and City of Georgetown and will communicate any further announcements as they become known to us.
If unsure, we encourage you to call the store or service you are looking to visit to verify whether they are open or closed. Store and service phone numbers may be found on our website under store directory.
Stay safe, keep washing those hands and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it’s safe to do so.
March 28, 2020
Based on the best advice of Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ontario government has issued a new emergency order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to prohibit organized public events and social gatherings of more than five people, effective immediately. This order replaces a previous emergency order which prohibits organized public events of over 50 people.
We'd like to remind everyone that if you're out for essential business to practice physical distancing and reduce exposure to other people. Avoid close contact (within 2 metres) with people outside of your immediate families.
Let's stay safe and get through this together, everyone!
March 24, 2020
To help protect the community and flatten the curve of COVID-19, the Government of Ontario has ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential businesses as of 11:59 pm, Tuesday, March 24th. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending this order as the situation evolves.
The complete press release may be found at the following link: