As of January 5, 2022
Please be advised, as mandated by the Government of Ontario, beginning Wednesday, January 5th at 12:01am, the following temporary measures will go into effect for at least 21 days:
- Mall occupancy will remain at 50% capacity.
- Indoor dining will be closed but takeout service will continue. Proof of vaccination is not required for takeout.
- Personal care services will remain open at 50% capacity. By Appointment Only & No Service where face coverings need to be removed.
As always, your safety is our top priority. For more information about the measures we’re taking to keep you safe, visit https://georgetownmarketplace.com/covid-updates/ To learn more about Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, visit news.ontario.ca. or https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r22002
If you’re visiting us, please remember to physically distance. We also ask that you please be mindful as each store/service may have their own individual safety requirements. We thank you again for your ongoing patience and understanding.
As of December 19, 2021
The safety and security of our community, our shoppers and staff are always top priority. Based on the new health guidelines as of
Dec. 19, 2021, Georgetown Market Place will be managing occupancy levels accordingly.
To avoid line-ups we suggest you consider shopping during the slower time periods such as: earlier opening hours or near closing hours.
Monday – Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday 10am – 6pm
Sunday 12pm – 5pm
We thank you for your patience and wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.
As of September 22, 2021
Patrons(12 yrs +) of Georgetown Market Place who choose to use the FOOD COURT SEATING Area, will be required to provide the following:
- Proof of vaccination (paper or digital copy of your vaccine receipt)
- Proof of identity that shows your name and date of birth (photo ID not required)
- Patrons with a medical exemption are required to present identification and a written document stating the individual is exempt for a medical reason.
Why do I need to show my ID? So we can ensure the vaccination receipt or exception letter belongs to the right person.
For more information please click the link below: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination
Please note some retailers may have reduced hours
We encourage you to check with the individual retailer(s) you are planning to visit before coming to the Centre. You can find individual contact information for our retailers on our directory page: https://georgetownmarketplace.com/stores
Guest Services Some amenities and programs will remain closed at this time to ensure everyone’s continued safety.
Visitors will not be able to access:
- Strollers & wheelchairs
- Change Tables in the rest rooms
- Mall Walking
- Massage Chairs
- Candy Machines
How We’re Keeping You Safe
Physical Distancing, Sanitation, and more
- Employees with a fever or cold- and flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, runny nose, or body aches are required to stay home.
- We are regularly disinfecting common areas throughout the day, particularly areas such as restrooms, seating areas, and high-frequency touch points throughout the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
- We are encouraging social distancing practices, including the use of distancing markers in the Centre.
- We’ve installed new signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions.
- Business and service providers that choose to re-open are responsible for maintaining occupancy levels in order to allow staff and customers to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges.
Customer Health Guidelines
Please review and practice the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and others.
These requirements will be enforceable under public health orders:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 2 metres distance between yourself and others to avoid spray from coughs,sneezes, or speaking.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, which can transfer viruses from your hands.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately, and wash your hands.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, or mild fever,until you recover.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Your healthcare provider will quickly direct you to the right health facility.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as your local and national health authorities.
Thank you from the team at Georgetown Market Place.
Georgetown Market Place will diligently enforce these new measures. This includes the immediate suspension of all amenities and or informal programs such as mall walking programs.
We will continue to take our direction in terms of operating and safety protocols from the Province of Ontario and City of Halton Hills and will communicate any further announcements as they become known to us.
If unsure, we encourage you to call the store or service you are looking to visit to verify whether they are open or closed. Store and service phone numbers may be found on our website under store directory.
Stay safe, keep washing those hands.